Happy & healthy @ 225

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Goals!!

During my walk the other day I got to thinking about goals.. What are your goals? Do you have a goal of getting to a certain weight or a number of pounds that you would like to loose? I talk to a lot of people about my weight loss and how I did it. Everyone asks what I eat? How much, etc.

Years ago I went to weekly meetings of Overeaters Anonymous and I was surprised that no one talks about specific foods or recipes or diets. Everyone has their individual likes and dislikes and what I eat, you might not like at all and give up on your goal or loosing weight! That is the goal of OA, but it is up to us to find our own way to that goal!

During this journey I have modified my philosophy and my goal! In educating myself on loosing weight I started to realize that my focus (goal) should be on healthy eating and NOT loosing pounds! Although I have found out that by eating healthy and portion control loosing weight is one of the pleasant side effects!! Now that's a side effect that I can LIVE with!!

So today I challenge everyone to have a goal of eating healthy every day and every meal! Don't eat with your eyes, eat with your head for your bodies sake! Ask yourself "Is this good for my body?" or "Why am I eating this?". Work at it everyday and it will get easier. Peace and good luck to everyone!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home