Happy & healthy @ 225

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Full disclosure! I confess...............

............to being human! Last winter I had a relapse! As readers of this blog know, I was enjoying a 250 pound weight loss!!! I started my "Journey to Happiness" program in July of 2004. I surpassed my goal weight and was on the maintenance plan.



I was not as careful in working my program. My daily walking suffered and I was not as eager to jump on the scale that would have alerted me to a weight gain.



Long story short............ I gained 50 pounds! I knew it without even weighing. My clothes were tighter and I had less ambition! That was my wake up call! I started working my program again and saw the results on the scale, but it was a lot harder to lose this time around! I'm happy to report that I have lost all the weight that I gained (plus), putting me under my goal weight and in my maintenance zone once again!! I am determined to follow my program and keep a close eye on it as I do not want to go through the pain and suffering of having to lose the same weight over and over again!



Thank you for all of your support and encouragement during this process! The battle continues!! That said I think I'll have a bowel of homemade soup and go for a long walk!! Thanks again!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said Bill! We are all human! I am so glad you got back in the saddle. I tell you there is nothing worse then losing and gaining those pounds over and over and over agsin. I have been on a merry-go-round for a year, and I am done!!! You are my one motovating force, Y-O-U, so I am ready, teacher ;o) give it to me!!!Love ya Cuz. Talk to you soon!
Rita Rae

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad to read that you have gotten that weight off! I to gain usually 20 pounds every winter and it is VERY hard to get that off again. Keep on the right track and be healthy we need you around to keep us in line. Judi Faye

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Bill Lundquist said...

Thanks guys!! I have gone back to keeping a food journal and weighing and measuring my portions! Its working as I'm down 48 pounds as of this morning!! Thanks again! Good luck to you!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Lavender © said...

I love your blog.. you're showing people that you can really lose weight the Old fashion way! You are great.. and hope your weight loss/ maintenance has been going well in the last month.

Got this site from your cuz Rita Rae :)

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Bill Lundquist said...

Om Lujain - Thank you for your nice comments! Thank you for your concern and I'm happy to report that my maintenance has been spot on! As of this morning I am down 55 pounds since May and am very happy about that! Thanks again and feel free to contact me anytime at my email: bigbill@gvtel.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home