Happy & healthy @ 225

Saturday, November 03, 2007

"Why do I always have to pick the apples at the top of the tree?" Maybe given the fact that I stand 6 feet 10 inches tall might have something to do with it!

I post these pix to show how much my life has changed over the past 3 1/2 years. As I've mentioned in previous postings I used to have a hard time to struggle from my bed and walk the 30 steps to my chair. Some days that was the major activity that I did!

Since I've started this program I now plan activities to keep me moving. I love hiking, biking, walking trails, lawn and garden work, shopping, etc. Shopping? You bet! Have you seen the size of some of those parking lots? By parking on the outer fringes, not only is there usually no one parked next to you, but you have a nice walk to and from the store! I like taking the scenic route, maybe by a car thats caught my eye, etc.! I like to return my shopping cart back inside the store. Sometimes I pick up another cart or two before I reach the door. I do this to add steps to my day. Its free and fun and good for me! Sounds like a home run to me!

Remember that Rome wasn't built in a day and changing a lifetime of bad habits isn't going to happen overnight! Its a daily learning process. Educate yourself, ask questions, seek out people that are like-minded. Explain to your family what your program is and ask for their help. I have really lucked out in that department. My friend is super-supportive and we have worked together since starting down the path to healthy eating! "Thank you Bonnie!" Good luck to all of you with your program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home