Happy & healthy @ 225

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

...and in the beginning!!

Exactly two years ago this month I weighed 480-plus pounds (not sure as I didn't get my fat scale for two weeks after starting my program and I had already started loosing weight). I wore pants with a 66 inch waist and shirts that were size 6XL. The month before I had gone to my daughter's graduation and needed two people (angels) to help me get up from the bleachers. As you might expect I was miserable inside, but suffered in silence!

During a recent doctor appointment the subject of gastric bypass surgery came up. I told him that I had considered it, but didn't know much about it. We left it at that for the time being.

I did some serious thinking after that visit and the more I thought about it the more determined I was to loose weight without the risks of surgery.

On July 29, 2004 I had lunch at a nearby restaurant/sports bar. I had the half-pound cheeseburger with trimmings. On my way home I felt too full (stuffed) and didn't enjoy the feeling at all. I devoted more energy to that negative feeling of being stuffed than I did to enjoying the beautiful summer day.

Thus ended my quest for the best cheeseburger in the world. And this was MY beginning......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home