Happy & healthy @ 225

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving report card!

Well I'm glad to report that I made it through Thanksgiving! We had the traditional turkey and all the trimmings. It was great. Everyone ate their fill and we had a wonderful day.

We served buffet style. I chose about 4 ozs of white meat turkey with the skin removed. I added 3/4 cup legal mashed potatoes and about 1/4 cup stuffing. I had about 1/3 cup corn and 1/3 cup green beans. Finally I topped this with 1/3 cup fat-free gravy. Measurments are approximate, but I'm pretty sure they are close as I have been measuring my foods for over 3 years and I have developed a good eye. For dessert I picked a variety of fresh fruit - Orange slices, kiwi, grapes and pineapple! I passed on the other stuff as I knew I didn't need it and I was very satisfied with my meal.

We will be eating leftovers for a while, but thats ok. I will approach those with the same critical eye.

Before retiring for the evening I bundled up and went for a nice brisk 30 minute walk! I spent that time giving thanks and thinking about our wonderful day of sharing and visiting with family and friends!! I enjoyed the pretty moon as it shined down, lighting my way!

Now on to the results...............The next morning, at my regular time, I weighed myself.........The scale checked in at 224 pounds!! I was surprised, so surprised I had to step on it again just in case..................yup it read 224!!

Thank you one and all for the motivation that I need to keep working my program. It truly is a HAPPY DAY!!

PS: I'll explain how I have learned to make healthy changes to our traditional meals in a future chapter.

4 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

U.RULE, Favorite Cuz!!!
I have shared your inspiring story and your blog address with oodles of people.

 
At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bill, I was driving behind your truck on 694 about a half hour ago. Interesting (but apparently effective) way to promote your blog.

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Micah! I love to promote my blog. I do it because I want to give others hope to loose weight by following a healthy way of life. I have nothing to sell! Please refer others to my blog that are like-minded. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you!!
BigBill

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY CUZ!!! ITS ANOTHER CUZ RITA (LYNNI'S SIS) SAYIN YOU TRULY ARE AN INSPIRATION. I BRAG ABOUT YOU ALL THE TIME, AND IF I CAN GET THESE PICS OF YOU PRINTED PROPERLY I WILL BRING THEM TO MY NEXT MEETING. I DO KNOW WEIGHT LOSS IS HELPING ME FEEL SO MUCH BETTER. I HAVE A WAYS TO GO, BUT READING YOUR ARTICLES HAS A WAY OF MAKING YOU WANT TO GO PARK IN THE FARTHEST PARKING SPACE AND GO FOR THAT EXTRA JAUNT SOMEWHERE. THANKS SO MUCH AND I HOPE NEXT TIME I READ YOU BLOG AND CAN TELL YOU I'VE LOST MORE POUNDS. I AM AT 38 RIGHT NOW. THANK YOU SO MUCH. LOVE YA!!! RITA RAE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home